Sunday, January 01, 2006

Boxing Day Sandwiches

I've discovered that what I love best about Christmas food is the leftovers. Not to discount the amazing dishes I had at various tables on Christmas Day, which apart from the traditional, included Morroccan lamb cutlets, Swedish seafood platters and Thai curry.

But the nicest of all was waking up on Boxing Day with a fridge full of food, knowing that the nearest thing to cooking would be spooning some cranberry relish onto white bread (I know I don't usually eat it, but this is a must) and slapping a couple of thick slices of turkey breast down. Maybe some ham, mustard and lettuce later. Bliss.

The weather in Melbourne at the moment is simply unspeakable. Niki and Cin, enjoy your snow and frost!! Yesterday, the temp went up almost 20C in the space of 2 hours. Yes 2 hours. And a bar of Lindt chocolate I'd left open on a counter began to melt of its own accord.

But tomorrow brings cooler weather and perhaps I'll start to think about cooking. Seomthing besides a sandwich and a Splice.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Plum. I agree, one of the best things about Christmas is the leftovers.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger plum said...

Thanks Barbara! A Happy New Year to you too and I hope this one brings renewed health and happiness to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home