Monday, November 21, 2005

A Proud Mama

I keep a record of the Plumbaby's first moments in a calendar - first steps, first words, first dance in front of the tv.

But today was a different first and I thought it belonged here. My child ate sushi for the first time today. True, it was teriyaki chicken and not raw fish, the piece he ate was dipped in soy and not wasabi, but he ate sushi. He crinkled up his nose at the smell but ate it eagerly. I couldn't be more pleased! Unless of course, the Plumbaby manages to make sushi for me.

You see, I understand the theory behind making sushi rolls, but somehow mine always look as though they were constructed by a two year old. I stuff them into my mouth on the grounds that it all tastes the same when jumbled up together, but really, I am a disgrace. So, as soon as the kid can handle a knife, I expect he'll be turning out a better effort than mine.

5 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool. You can slowly move him to sushi rolls and on to sashimi.

And on an unrelated note I am now in love with KokoBlack.

Did you like yours?

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger plum said...

I LOVED mine! Well present tense actually, since I've managed not to scoff the entire box so far.

In fact, I love them so much that I am trying to get my old SLR up and running so that I can take some photos and post them (since I don't have a digital camera at the moment).

I see on my credit card statement that I almost have enough points for a free lowgrade digital camera. As my inspiration Kimberley Diane Craig nee Day would say "I saved money by spending so much". Hehehehe

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Ilva said...

I love sushi, I don't mind at all how they look, it's the taste that counts!!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Niki said...

Their raspberry chocolates are incredible! It's not a flavour combination I usually go for, but once I tried it I fell in love. Very dark chocolate and bright, tangy filling. Mmmmm.
Does anyone know if they do a salted caramel flavour? I do hope so.

and PS - Sushi is great! The younger the better. I've read somewhere that babies and children like stronger flavours than we give them credit for, so sushi in soy sauce would be a good combination!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger plum said...

Welcome Ilva - nice to see you here! I love that picture of pomegranates you have up on your site.

Hi Cin - I haven't tried the mint one yet. I (alright we) were given a box as a present and I have been trying to pace myself instead of scoffing every one in sight! Is the house truffle the one covered in cocoa?

Hi Niki - I've had an amazing raspberry and chocolate brownie and I like it in a coulis with rich truffle cake. Hmmmn, I will have to try that chocolate too! I made truffles today and was eyeing off the salt - I think I will experiment soon. And I'm going to hit the sushi again tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home