Monday, December 11, 2006

Menu for Hope III



The prizes for Menu for Hope III are up now. It's all very exciting - I can't believe how many there are and the variety. I had actually intended to donate a prize myself but have been offline for this week and only realised last night that I'd missed the cutoff.

We'd had a couple of our favourite boys visiting us in Melbourne and I'd been out taking them on their idea of a gastronomic whirlwind tour - "We don't have Boost Juice at home" "Can we go back to that lolly shop again?" and after a trip to Nandos, "That was a really good burger". Lest you think they are not discerning, the elder one asked if we could make it back to Cafe di Stasio (scene of a lunch on another visit), but there just wasn't time.

Helen at Grab Your Fork has co-ordinated the Asia Pacific prize list. There are FORTY different meals, books and experiences up for grabs. Some are from blogs I know well, such as Cin at A Few of My Favourite Things, Barbara at Winos and Foodies and Neil from At My Table. And others led me to new discoveries, like Phomenon. Phil is offering half a kilo of Cambodian Kampot peppercorns, which sound intriguing, although I'm a bit concerned about what Australian Customs would do to it, should I win.

I sent a penitent email to Helen yesterday and she kindly advised me to buy up raffle tickets instead of a last minute prize. So here are the instructions for donors:

Here's what you should do...

1. Go to the donation page at (http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhopeIII)

2. Make a donation, each US$10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of US$50 can be 2 tickets for AP01 and 3 for AP02.

3. For US donors, if your company has agreed to match your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we may claim the corporate match.

4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.

5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the results of the raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard Derrick at Obsession with Food is responsible for the wicked application that will do the job.)


I've had a look down the list and know what I have my eye on. A very naughty part of me thinks that if I didn't add to the publicity for this, I'd have a better chance of winning the ones I want! But I've been bad enough for one week ....

5 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't there some amazing prizes. I've got my eye on Tetsuya's.

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just put up at $100 voucher for Koko Black too! You can be bad some more :)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger plum said...

Hi Barbara - yes that dinner at Tetsuya's would be well worth the trip to Sydney.

Hi Cin - you're making it worse!! I already have about 10 things I want a ticket for, but now a $100 voucher for Koko Black? I will have no money for a turkey ....

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for noticing my pepper. There's no problems with customs - I've carried about 5 kilos of it back to Australia with me and had no hassles at Quarantine, as well as sending it to a few friends.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger neil said...

Turkey or Koko Black? No contest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home