Saturday, July 15, 2006

Back on the Blog Again

Blog, what blog? Oh this one. Yes, I have been a little lax with posting recently but I've suddenly been busy. Carrying out tasks that have been left undone for the last year or so. Searching for another place to live (don't talk to me about the country!). Dealing with minor crises, sending my computer off for a little repair job and so forth.

Blogging less and living more. Discovering that some of the things I left in the filing cabinet were actually Quite Important. Writing pleading/threatening letters to bureaucrats and diplomats. Falling back in love with music (which I think is going to drive the Figman insane. I am the girl who bought a cd player years ago - no, not for improved sound but to be able to stick one track on repeat and play it and play it all day long). Spending more time with people and more money on books. I can't believe how long it's been since I went shoe shopping either.

And all in all, it's been good. But I have missed you. I got quite antsy when my computer was on holiday. And little by little, blogthoughts crept back into my head again. I took some food photos yesterday for the first time in a month. My camera cables are now disconnected and I've wiped all the cookies from the system, but never mind. It'll be up there soon.

There have been adventures in food and eating, in friendship and reading, but a rest from writing has been a Very Good Thing indeed. I heartily recommend it.

3 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you're back :) Can't wait to see what new delights you'll bring forth!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger philippa_moore said...

I'm glad you're back! I love your writing, so hope you don't disappear altogether!! It's good to have a break from blogging though. I remember a quote about diary keeping - I don't remember who said it but diaries are "records less of fullness than of emptiness" - that is, when you're not busy you have heaps of time to write and not a lot to say, but when you're busy and have heaps to say, there's no time to write! The irony of life eh?

It's a constant battle for me too!

Hope you get everything sorted out soon :)

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger plum said...

Hi Ellie - thanks! I must actually write something about food soon and not just moan about not doing it!

Hi Caroline - yes, I don't think I realised how much I needed a break until I took one. But I kept drafting posts in my head .. what does that say about me? Did you get my comment about the Julie le Clerc cake ages ago? It didn't seem to come up.

Hi Philippa - I must admit it was tempting to think occasionally "maybe I'll just stop with the blog" during the last month. But it has brought wonderful people into my life and when I have time, I really do enjoy it. And isn't it funny to think that without our blogs, we wouldn't know each other at all??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home