Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Cooking for Children 2: Birthday Party Food


I remember the parties of my childhood. Presents, dresses, running around screaming with my friends (too much excitement or red cordial?). I also remember the hours spent beforehand, carefully looking through the Women's Weekly Birthday Cakes cookbook wondering whether the doll with the icing skirt was better than the sugar popcorn train? I never understood how anyone could go for that swimming pool cake (filled with green jelly). But I heard editor Pamela Clark on the radio the other day and she insists that it remains one of their most popular cakes. Hmmmn.

For my own darling Plumbaby's birthday, I'm trying to think of food that's fun and fresh. So please help out with Cooking for Children 2: Birthday Party Food and send me any ideas for this year's festivities. Cakes, savoury snacks, sweet treats - you name it.

Please email your entries to favouriteplum(at)yahoo.com.au by 29 May 2006. And remember, it doesn't have to be a new post - any great ideas from your archives are very welcome here!

7 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh i love that book. so many hours of happy childhood browsing! i think the appeal of the pool cake was not so much the putrid jelly water, but the chocolate biscuit stick thingies that made the fence around it, hehe :)

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger G said...

looks like fun.

My Life As A Reluctant Housewife

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Anna (Morsels and Musings) said...

My mum made me that swimming pool cake one year! I absolutely adored it!!! Just goes to show kids have no taste at all. As long as it looks cool and is sugar coated it doesn't really matter whether the flavours match each other. The mere idea of that cake turns my stomach these days, but back then . . . . . mmmmm

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger G said...

Hi! It is me again. I have started Weekend Baby Blogging for us food bloggies with children. It is not just for kids of baby ages as they are always our babies.

Weekend Baby Blogging

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Boba said...

I love parties

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous ny venues said...

Dear admin, thnx for sharing this blog post. I noticed it wonderful. Best regards!

 
At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان

 

Post a Comment

<< Home