Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Note to Self


Do NOT hustle your visitors out of bed on a frosty Saturday morning. Do NOT glare at anyone who's not dressed within 30 minutes and snap at a pathetic creature who wants breakfast that they can "get something there!".

Do NOT hoon through the countryside, sure that all the best breads, bargains and books will be gone by the time you get there. Because you may find a half-empty square, with only a handful of stalls. Freezing wind which has you all scurrying back to the car within minutes. A car full of half awake folk who haven't had any coffee. And after they brought me this.

At least we got pastries?

3 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger plum said...

Oh Cin! I used to have a clipping on the fridge reminding me when the various ones are on, because I never keep it straight in my head but a week early .. oh dear! At what point did it sink in?

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger LBA said...

My hubby bought me this book - i'm not so enamoured though - how are you finding it ?

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger plum said...

To be honest, I've only cooked from it once or twice, but it's the sort of thing I like to have as a reference book - sort of like my copy of Larousse that gets opened once a year! (I should have gone for the copy of Jamie's Dinners that was on offer instead!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home