Monday, January 01, 2007

Culinary Resolutions 2006


I was in a flap about not having achieved all of my culinary resolutions for last year when I realised that, being the procrastinator that I am, I only made the list in March 2006. So I figure that gives me another 3 months to make it!

The one I really think I should have knocked off by now is to make a pie. A savoury, chickeny, golden pie. I'd been reading Tarts with Tops On by Tamasin Day-Lewis and was convinced that this would be the year of the pie. It wasn't, well apart from the ones I ate that is.

But I have reigned in my expectations a little and with all the food mags going on about Careme pastry maybe I'll manage to haul a Galician Pork and Sausage Pie or some Welsh Chicken and Leek Bridies from the oven someday soon.

Or at least before the end of March. Hehe.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year! I have all these cooking resolutions dancing around in my head but my too chicken to mention them for fear that I won't get to do them all...as is wont to happen to a lot of resolutions. Good luck on all yours! :)

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger plum said...

Thanks Joey! I haven't listed mine but I should, it might force me into doing something about them. Look forward to hearing about you achieving some of your resolutions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home