Thursday, July 21, 2005

YaY! It's truffles!

One of my favourite places in the whole world is the Yarra Valley - a wine making region about an hour out of Melbourne. Easy enough for a day trip, lovely for a short holiday.

The food of the area is fantastic, there is a Yarra Valley Regional Food Trail, and every time I'm out there I discover something new I didn't know existed - like a blueberry farm in the middle of nowhere!

And now they've grown truffles there too. Not the gorgeous chocolately kind, but the aromatic fungus sort.

I suddenly feel the Valley calling me .... : )

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Plum
On my blog sidebar is a blog (ON the Farm - Truffles)of a guy growing truffles in New Zealand. Check him out. I love the Yarra region.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home