Monday, July 18, 2005

Sale Watch Minimax



Well I hit the Minimax sale early this morning - we were out of a few essentials (by which I mean milk and yoghurt, not pans and blenders!)and what better excuse than to pop into the store?

Fortunately for my budget (or apparent lack thereof for all the attention I pay to it) there weren't any cookbooks that I wanted. I might go back for a cheap vase or two, but otherwise, I think I'm pretty safe.

But I did want to let you know that they have these silicone mitts on sale. They were marked $29.95 but the basket said $24.95. This is the cheapest I have ever seen them - I got mine for $35 when David Jones had 30% off all kitchenware. Each store has different stuff though, so check before you go if that is all you want.

They are not that much more expensive than some of the fancier kitchen gloves and they should last a lifetime. They go in the dishwasher and are amazing for lifting hot enamelware out of the oven. Figman is the kind who dances around the kitchen hopping with pain even when his hands are bound in TWO tea towels so he loves these. He looked askance at the price, but one use and he was won over!

I'm thinking of opening a separate blog for this sort of thing - I don't know if it's of any interest to the non-Melbourne readers. Thoughts, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home