Friday, January 20, 2006

Day 17 Detox

It's not as bad as it sounds. This may be because I haven't been as good as I should. You know, a handful of raisins here, bite of bread there. Not to mention a spoonful of Cunliffe Waters Spicy Blood Plum Sauce! Oddly enough, the cravings I have had have been for wholegrain foods - a loaf of brown bread on top of the fridge, the Weetbix I prepare for Plumbaby's breakfast every morning.

And the chocolate thing? I am surprised that I haven't missed it more, ached for it, demanded it, thrown a Full-On-Hissy-Fit and given in to it. But I think that's part of the detox; once you get these beautiful gorgeous chocolately bits out of your system on a daily basis, you stop to crave them so intensely. I must emphasise that this is a temporary situation and I in no way recommend or espouse denying yourself chocolate on a long term basis.

I don't think I've eaten as many raw green leafy vegetables as I should have and will wander down to the markets this morning before it gets abominably hot. A basketful of summer fruit and vegetables should see me right for the next few days. Days of 30 + and 40+ degrees Celsius weather. When I turned on the cold tap this morning to wash out the Plumbaby's cup, the water ran warm on my hand. At eight o'clock in the morning!! Fortunately, the one good effect of this is that it firmly quells any desire for thick, stodgy comfort food - stews, mashed potato, anything like that. It'll be salad, salad all the way for the next week.

With no chocolate. Seriously.

2 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger dani said...

you rock! i need to do something like this. how long will you detox? and yes, the smoothie looks divine.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger plum said...

Hey Dani - the original really strict phase is supposed to only be two weeks, but I have tried to stretch it out over January to make up for my occasional lapses. And I hope to switch into the less restricted phase a week or so into Feb. It is dull, dull, dull, but I have enough reasons to do it so on I persevere. And much easier at this time of year with all the summer fruit and stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home