Friday, March 03, 2006

Golden Morning


Tea over at Tea and Cookies had me giggling away this week at her Diary of a Mad Food Blogger. I'm not even going to start going on about the bits I identified with, because then this post would slide into a long repetitive ramble and you'd leave thinking "didn't I just read that? Although Tea said it better?".

So go read for yourself if you haven't already (the entire food blogging world seems to have dropped by), but for now here is one tidbit from Day 13:
What would people say if they knew I eat the same thing for breakfast each and every day: steel-cut oats and a banana, raisins, walnuts, a splash of milk. Am I too boring to be a food blogger?
This made me consider my own breakfast and how often I eat the same thing. Not that often, as it turns out. After I got over my addiction to tomato and cottage cheese sandwiches as a teen, I've flipped from here to there, eating come what may. This week for instance, I've had shank stew for brekfast on one occasion and this morning it was chocolate. Ah hem. But here's one I prepared earlier this week - a gorgeously ripe peach, biodynamic yoghurt and a healthy sprinkling of toasted muesli. Perfectly scrumptious in the early morning light. Worthy of a food blogger? Absolutely. But then again, so is half a can of Heinz tinned spaghetti on white bread (my favourite hangover cure). To each her own!

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger freethoughtguy said...

And to think I had Lucky Charms for breakfast!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger plum said...

Hi Freethinker - welcome to my blog. I have been known to eat ice cream for breakfast, so really, you are much more healthy than me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home