Sunday, July 01, 2007

Stocking Up

We had a pair of helping hands for the first few weeks after the baby was born. My cousin came to stay with us, to help out with the Little One and see that Figman was sufficient nourished to attend to his duties as a second time father.

She arrived a week before the baby was due, and we went shopping for a big stock up of the cupboards.

"Buy anything you might want" I urged. "Don't assume that I have the ingredients you need. Just get it now while you have the chance." I thought that she took me seriously, but a few nights later she was staring into the pantry, puzzled.

"You don't seem to have ... "
"I told you ..."
"But who thinks that someone who keeps date vinegar and organic cocoa nibs in her cupboards doesn't have tomato paste???"

5 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

That's too wonderful and funny.

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I tried to find an email link but I couldn't so I'm going to put this here. What is is about this modern web/blog design that lets you go around and around but won't let you contact the poster?

What if I wanted to declare my undying love to you or something? Huh?

Look, My name is Fran, I come from Sunshine. I'm starting a new forum for talking about Melbourne. The idea is to get lots of artists, writer, bloggers, cooks and people together and let them bounce off one another. Melbourne has lots of blogs but there's no central place to meet people, talk about current events and football, promote your projects, plan collaborations, and do stuff like that.

We also lack a good non-commercial venue to promote community events and organizations so the forum will be for that too.

http://melbourne.freeforums.org/

This will be great, but for it to work it needs a lot of people from diverse backgrounds to participate. I hope that you will come and be a part of it!

Fran.

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand this. My cupboards and fridge are always chockers, but there is never any food to eat..

ps.I love the photograph you have used on this post.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger LBA said...

You had a baby ?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger LBA said...

oh yes, see previous post. I forgot ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home