Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Spring has Sprung!




The cherry blossoms are out, the magnolias are blooming and even the pear trees are coming out in style.

Despite Niki's winterial preference, I was about to announce that here in Melbourne, Spring has definitely sprung! But Melbourne has weather as capricious as a starlet's hairstyle, and despite the fact that yesterday we had the warmest August night since they began recording such things, today I sit here, listening to hail fall on the roof. I can see the small icy pebbles hitting the ground - smack! smack! smack!

So yesterday I was thinking of little lamb cutlets and delicate salmon steaks. Now I think I'll go cook up a batch of lamb shanks - french cut, $2.00 each at the butcher's on special.

4 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are having very cold nights, foggy mornings and brilliant days. Like salad for lunch but casserole for dinner!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Hah! This warm weather today....I'm not impressed! I was in the city this morning, and I felt hot and sticky and generally blah. I was so relieved when the rain came through and the temperature dropped in the afternoon....thank goodness!!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Niki said...

I like the blossom photo but I don' know about where you are, but the blossom started flowering around me back in early June!! I was most annoyed; it was as if the trees decided to skip my favourite season completely!
And what's this about 24 degrees on Thursday??? Terrible! Awful!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger plum said...

Early June Niki?? That is very weird - the cherry blossom only started in August around here and even then I thought it was a bit early. But June?? My goodness. It is very interesting actually, how even being a few streets away can have an impact on when trees start blooming - I'll be driving around and notice that someone's magnolias are only just starting while my neighbours are at the end.

I have to say I enjoy the warm weather like Cin - it makes a big difference with a little one to be able to go out and run around to their heart's content.

And Barbara, I hope the weather improves so that you can have a lovely beach picnic, not quite like your recent one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home